|Cell P/N||Lexan||PVC||Flow Holes||Pump||Max °F||Aprox. Volume||Lab setting||In-tank|
|785A||Yes||No||Yes||No||212||1 Gal. w/ container||Yes||Yes|
|785B||No||Yes||Yes||No||360||1 Gal. w/ container||Yes||Yes|
The PN: 800PVC Plating Cell Made of PVC Construction has two compartments and are specifically designed for precision deposit stress measurements and is to be used in a laboratory. A dividing wall separates the cells into two equal sections. One section is for using the Immersion Heater (PN:3046) while the other section is for plating a test strip. The dividing wall has an opening at each end to permit solution flow through both cell sections ( Size 8.5″ x 9.25″ x 7.75″). This cell offers a standard geometry with respect to anode size and positioning. Consistent anode to cathode spacing is maintained.
NOTE: During plating a test strip is exposed to a uniform current density along the legs of the strip. The plating test should be continued until the test strip legs deflect up to 20 units and with a target thickness that does not exceed approximately 100 microinches for the most accurate results. Very low stress may show only 1-2 units.
NOTE: This cell is recommended for Chrome usage.
NOTE: Our immersible pump is not included in the PN: 800PVC because it will not withstand the harsh chemicals.
Plating Cell Features:
- Made of PVC Construction (which is recommended for Chrome plating)
- Is a self contained unit for Lab work
- Two anode pockets for 2 3/8″ (61 mm) x 2 3/8″ (61 mm) size anodes
- Leads to each anode from a central contact
- Is a divided Cell with two compartments with flow holes between the compartments (one for PN: 3046 Immersion Heater and agitation, and the other one for plating the test strip)
- A clip assembly for positioning the test strip midway between the anodes.